Happy Friday! It scares me how fast the week flys by.
1. Baby Love. Bennett is one month old today! What? The good news is he is fitting into all of his cute outfits. This is my favourite onsie. I meant to get some more photos but he “spit-up” (aka projectile vomited) all over it.
2. Brand new toothpaste. Random right? We have 2 tubes on the go right now and getting anything out is an arm work out. I can’t wait to crack a fresh tube and not have to fight to keep up personal hygiene… it’s the little things.
3. The Ergo. This thing is a life saver. Bennett loves it and I have two free hands. It’s my go to during the day when he won’t settle. (Recycled photo.)
4. Suits. My girlfriend has been telling me to watch this for a while. I finally pulled up Netflix on my phone and subsequently crushed an entire season… It’s so good! Am I a bad mom because I look forward to feeding so I can watch my show? Sadly, there are only 2 seasons on Netflix.
5. Early morning workouts. I only got one of these in this week because Baby B likes to sleep in and I refuse to set an alarm clock with a 4 week old in the house. Tuesday I managed to get to the gym by 6:00 am (B woke up to eat around 5:15 so I had a guaranteed 2 hours.) It was so awesome to be worked out, showered and back in bed by 7. We slept till 9:30. Glorious.
Stepping outside Tuesday at 5:40 I realized my perfect running weather has returned. I actually darted back into the house, changed my shoes and powered up my Nike running app. After lacing up I realized I was being stupid; pouted for a second and then took of my runners. No point pushing recovery. Sticking with low impact for 2 more weeks…
I will just have to take advantage of these early morning opportunities as they come. It only works when Bennett wakes up for an early breakfast (between 5 and 6 am).
6. Friends that bring you food. I never thought I would appreciate this so much. Tuesday I had friends pop over for lunch with sushi and another friend cook and drop off dinner. Jack pot. Do this for your new mom friends. Even if they protest (which I did). Thanks guys, you’re the best.
Have a great weekend!