Sweating makes me happy; I thought this would be an appropriate place to re-cap my weekly work-outs. Bored? Scroll down. There is more happy fuel to follow…
SATURDAY – Tennis. We only played for an hour or so but I feel like it counts as a workout. Jeff has a rule that you have to sprint to retrieve up any and all balls. This is exhausting for a novice tennis player like myself. (Note-To-Self: Wear heart rate monitor next time we play).
SUNDAY – Run 5.01km Average Pace 5’14″/km – 3.11mi AP 8’26″/mi
MONDAY – Rest
TUESDAY – BodyFlow
– Run – 5.04km (3.13mi) – Average Pace 5’56″/km (9’32″/mi)
WEDNESDAY – Sport Circuit – HR Average 131 / Max 176. We had a sub for this class and while it didn’t feel any more difficult than usual, I am still feeling it today. Holly Hannah, my body hurts! I guess it’s good to mix things up.
THURSDAY – Run – 5.51km (3.42mi) – Average Pace 6’06″/km (9’48″/mi)
– Pilates Mat
BodyStep Impromptu Rest Day! – Muscles that I didn’t know I had hurt.
RANDOMNESS THAT MADE MY HEART SING
1. Healthy Snacks… sort of. Jeff eating out of a Cost-Co size bag of broccoli made us both laugh. Guess who gives Rosie bites of food when we eat on the couch?
2. Two Day Vacations – I
used to still catch myself complaining about how busy summers are. This summer, there are 6 weekends in a row that we are away from home. I just remind myself… the only thing I am really missing out on is laundry. I am now embracing my weekly vaca time.
3. After work Drinks – I was able to catch up with a good friend after work this week. This will need to be a bi-weekly thing.
4. Running with a Friend – Time flies chatting and running.
5. Finding great deals online! (See # 8).
6. Sleeping in … in your own bed. Something to look forward too when September rolls around.
7. Running Fast – I’ve been seeing some improvements in my speed lately and it feels awesome. I stumbled upon a few great reads this week. The universe is telling me something.
8. Singing in the Car (and turning it up until you sound JUST like the radio).
9. Presents!!!! (See #5) – My foam roller is here, now to figure out how to use it.
Hopefully you have a mini vacation planned this weekend and won’t be doing ANY laundry.