My baby is as big as an: Eggplant, Ear of Corn.
Weight Gained: I weighed myself at the gym. It STILL has me at 132 (7 pounds gained). I am sure this is wrong, thinking more like 10 plus.
Symptoms: I find walking up a flight of stairs can take my breath away. I don’t really notice it as much when I am working out. Maybe I am more conscious of my breathing at the gym?
Food Cravings: Apple Cider. I must have had 3 boxes of the stuff over the holidays at my parents house. I keep forgetting to pick some up here. PS Mom, you’re out of Apple Cider.
Food Aversions: I still get a little weird around red meat. I can eat it, but I can’t prepare it.
Sleep: The bathroom dreams are back!!! I was getting them in the first trimester. The theory that if you go to the bathroom in your dream, you will pee the bed is a flat our lie. The dreams consist of me either constantly using the bathroom or searching for one. I get so frustrated because there is no relief when I finally do find a bathroom. Eventually the urge to pee wakes me up and I drag my belly to the bathroom.
The most annoying part about this is I can’t fall back asleep. Luckily my 5:30am full bladder wake-ups have been on the weekend so I have been able to catch some z’s between 7:30am and 10:00am. I am dreading the work week.
Miss Anything? My baby hairs are back all of a sudden. It’s like I’m 13 again! Hello Headbands.
Looking forward to: Mexico!!
Belly Button in or out? Still half and half.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy.
Maternity Clothes: One of my good friends was pregnant in the summer and lent me a ton of dresses to go through. I am so grateful. We are going to Mexico for a wedding in a couple of weeks and I was freaking out about finding summer dresses (in January, in Canada) to accommodate my growing belly.
Monday – Rest
Tuesday – BodyShred
Wednesday – Rest
Thursday – Pilates Mat & 15 min Elliptical
Friday – BodyStep
Saturday – Rest
Sunday – NTC* Arm Definer
*NTC – Nike Training Club App. I downloaded this like 6 months ago but have never used it. Th 15 min workout was hard. I loved it. If I out in any gym time in Mexico it will be with this glorious app.
New Baby Items: We got a stroller! It was a gift from my mom and my step-dad. It is our first big baby item and it really makes things feel real. I’ve had my eye on the UPPAbaby VISTA for a while. I have had a few friends recommend it so when we started looking it was the first one I started to play with. I absolutely fell in love with it.
- Bassinet included – This is my favourite part of the stroller. I have heard (more research required) that a baby should not be in a car seat for more than 1.5-2 hours as it can hinder their development. I love the bassinet option for long walks in the spring. PLUS we can use it in our bedroom for the first few months.
- 5 in 1 – This is a stroller we can potentially grow into. The forward facing option was a must have.
- Shocks – Another “must have” was the ability to stroll on gravel roads. The front road at the cottage isn’t paved and we walk it A LOT in the summer. Plus it’s nice to have the option to off-road a little.
- Storage – An obvious must have feature. The basket on this baby is huge.
- Running – We had to make a decision about what type of stroller we wanted. The BOB Revolution SE was in the running (
Nopun intended). Realistically, I just don’t see myself running with a stroller and a baby. Running is my time, I will leave the baby at home.
- Travel – Not recommended for travel. The sales lady looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about flying with the UPPAbaby. After doing some research online, I found out they sell a travel bag that comes with a guarantee. If this is available in Canada, it is a must have for us.
- Car Seat – I love the MESA car seat (in beige) but it isn’t yet legal in Canada :(
** Please keep in mind the Pros and Cons list is based on our buying experience and the features of the stroller. We have never actually USED the stroller…
What were your “must-haves” when buying a stroller?